Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sex and Meditation...

Last night my beloved and I went out to dinner.

We arrived home and enjoyed each other's company as he prepared chili for a pot-luck at work and I finished up with some last-minute work stuff on the computer...

We were exhausted. It had been a long day and we plopped into bed with lists of 'to do' running through our heads and visions of the new day that was waiting for us with its demands.

Once in bed, my half asleep beloved lovingly pulled me towards him. I could feel his intention to connect with me and I maneuvered my body into a relaxed position where I could easily take him inside of me....that's when the magic happened.

Suddenly, everything melted away and we were in an immediate state of meditation. The kind of meditation where you truly feel your connectedness to all things. Energy began to flow through us and we sailed deeper and deeper into the sweetness of the moment. Our bodies were almost completely still and relaxed as we gave way to the waves of orgasms that washed over our bodies.

...and I thought to myself, as I often do, how different this is from what I had once dreamed lovemaking would be. How deeply satisfying and truly beyond anything I could have comprehended.

Lovemaking has become the easiest, most delightful, healing meditation.

I share it with you to support you in knowing that this is possible for everyone...not only possible, but it is what we are made for.